Care Home Life – What’s it really like?
Care Home Life – what it’s really like?
There are 47 Care Homes in Sunderland – so what is it like to live in them?
The Healthwatch Sunderland team have been visiting residential and care homes in Sunderland. Their work is focusing specifically on issues of quality and are asking question such as:
- What do you think of the food here?
- Is there enough choice of what you eat and when you eat?
- What are the staff like?
- Do the staff have the time to stop and chat with you?
- Do you get a chance to do any of the things you used to enjoy before you came here?
- Do you get asked for your feedback about the home?
- Have you seen a dentist to check your teeth or an optician to check your eyes recently?
They have started to publish the reports: http://www.healthwatchsunderland.com/care-home-life-what-its-really-like
So whether you are looking for a care home for yourself, a friend or a relative this information may assist you to make, what can be, a difficult decision.
For further information about this or any other aspect of the work of Healthwatch Sunderland call (0191) 5147145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can watch a video on Care Home Life below