The Care Bill is currently progressing through Parliament and Sharon Hodgson, MP for Washington and Sunderland West, would like to hear carers' views at a listening event on:
Date: Friday 8th November
Venue: Age UK, The Bradbury Centre, Stockton Road, Sunderland, SR2 7AQ
In brief, the Care Bill is looking to introduce:
• New improved rights for carers
• A cap on costs and social care funding reforms
• A focus on preventive and personalised services and improving individuals’ well-being
However some parts of the proposed legislation need further clarification like:
• Charging of support provided to carers
• Amendments to the duties for assessment and meeting needs which may make it possible for local authorities to unduly rely on carers
Register: If you would like to make your views heard please attend the event. So we have an idea of numbers please register with Elaine Jones, Sunderland 50+ Forum on (0191) 514 1131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information about The Care Bill
Unable to attend?
We realise the time of the event may make it difficult for some older people or carers to attend. The time has been chosen to allow working carers to attend and to fit around Sharon’s other commitments. If you still want your views to be heard please let us hear them before 8th November! You can do this by …
Post: Send your comments to:
Sunderland Carers’ Centre
E-mail: click here
Facebook: click here
Your comments will then be included at the listening event on 8th November.
This event is being organised by Sunderland Carers’ Centre and Age UK.