Comments and Positive Responses
We would like to carry out our work as well and efficiently as possible. Your comments and suggestions are always helpful and will be used to maintain and improve our services.
Positive comments are welcome and appreciated; keeping us informed of what carers find useful and will encourage and motivate staff and volunteers in their commitment to doing their very best for carers.
However things can go wrong. Mistakes can be made or people may be unhelpful or insensitive. Occasionally people may do things which are unacceptable. We would like to put these right as quickly as possible so we have developed a system for dealing with complaints.
- 1 If something has gone wrong or you are unhappy about the actions or advice of Carers’ Centre staff or volunteers, it would be very helpful if you would discuss it with the person concerned as soon as possible. Staff and volunteers want to offer the best possible service so will welcome the chance to put something right. If, however, you do not wish to speak to the person concerned or are not satisfied with how they treated your complaint you may take further action.
- 2 Speak or write to the Chief Executive Officer. When doing this you may wish to have a friend or supporter with you. Your complaint will be treated in strict confidence.
- 3 To be fair to everyone concerned, the CEO will investigate the complaint. We will aim to deal with this as quickly as possible taking no longer than 10 working days to do so.
- 4 The CEO will let you know the outcome of the investigation in writing, Where this is done through a face-to-face meeting a written summary will also be provided within five working days. The information will include what the Carers’ Centre intends to do about the complaint and why, although these might have to be general statements to ensure that personal information is not shared inappropriately.
- 5 If you are not happy about how the complaint has been handled by the CEO or the complaint is about the CEO, you may ask the Board of Sunderland Carers’ Centre to look at the matter. To do this you should contact the Chairperson at the Carers’ Centre by letter or telephone. If you meet with Board members you may wish to have a friend or supporter with you. A Sub Group of the Board will reach a decision within 24 hours of the meeting and you will be notified of this. The decision will be acted upon by Sunderland Carers’ Centre.